- All Categories
- Academic, Professional Literature
- Public Health & Nursing
- Covid-19: A Critical Care Textbook
Covid-19: A Critical Care Textbook
Author : Chris Carter
Number of pages: 272
With the major redeployment of staff during the Covid-19 pandemic, this authoritative textbook provides a practical resource for healthcare professionals who may be new to acute and critical care settings.
Written by nurses for nurses, the book will help readers master patient assessment, non-invasive ventilation, the use of high flow nasal oxygenation and renal care. You will learn about the challenges of resuscitation, leadership and responding to a public health emergency, and effective personal protection and hygiene practices.
Covid-19: Critical Care textbook has been written by experts with frontline experience of working in hospitals during the pandemic and will remain relevant for those responding to future infectious disease outbreaks or waves of Covid-19.
- Self-assessment quizzes to support ongoing learning
- Suitable for staff re-deployed and those already working in acute and critical care areas
- Fully illustrated to demonstrate the use of PPE and coronavirus-specific procedures
- Contributions from key experts who have dealt directly with the disease provide practical insights