Canine and Feline Behavior for Veterinary Technicians and Nu
Autorius : Debbie Martin
Leidimo metai: 2023
Leidėjas: John Wiley & Sons
Puslapių skaičius: 512
Leidinio kalba: Anglų
Formatas: Minkšti viršeliai
A complete and modern guide to the veterinary technician’s role in behavioral preventive services
This fully revised second edition of Canine and Feline Behavior for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses presents a comprehensive, up-to-date guide for veterinary technicians and nurses seeking to understand their patients on a deeper level, implement preventive behavior medicine, and assist veterinarians with behavioral interventions. The book provides a grounding in the behavioral, mental, and emotional needs of dogs and cats, and offers an invaluable daily reference for daily interactions with patients and clients.
Along with brand-new coverage of Fear Free® veterinary visits, the authors have included discussions of animal behavior and development, communication, behavior modification, problem prevention, and behavior solutions. A companion website offers more than 50 video tutorials, multiple choice questions, PowerPoint slides, and appendices. This Second Edition also provides:
- A thorough introduction to the role of veterinary technicians in animal behavior
- Comprehensive explorations of canine and feline behavior and development
- Discussion of the complexities and richness of the human-animal bond
- Details on implementing emotionally protective practices into the veterinary and husbandry care
- Practical strategies for learning and behavior modification, problem prevention, behavior solutions, and communication and connection amongst the animal behavior team
Canine and Feline Behavior for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is an essential reference for veterinary technicians and nurses, and will also benefit veterinary technology and nursing students seeking comprehensive information about an increasingly relevant topic.