Traffic and Pavement Engineering (Solved Practical Problems in Transportation Engineering, 1) 1st Edition
Autorius : Ghazi G. Al-Khateeb
Leidimo metai: 2020
Puslapių skaičius: 560
Leidinio kalba: Anglų
Formatas: Kieti viršeliai
Traffic and Pavement Engineering presents the latest engineering concepts, techniques, practices, principles, standard procedures, and models that are applied and used to design and evaluate traffic systems, road pavement structures, and alternative transportation systems to ultimately achieve greater safety, sustainability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness. It provides in-depth coverage of the major areas of transportation engineering and includes a broad range of practical problems and solutions, related to theory, concepts, practice, and applications. Solutions for each problem follow step-by-step procedures that include the theory and the derivation of the formulas and computations where applicable. Additionally, numerical methods, linear algebraic methods, and least squares regression techniques are presented to assist in problem solving.
- Presents coverage of major areas in transportation engineering: traffic engineering, and pavement materials, analysis, and design.
- Provides solutions to numerous practical problems in traffic and pavement engineering including terminology, theory, practice, computation, and design.
- Offers downloadable and user-friendly MS Excel spreadsheets as well as numerical methods and optimization tools and techniques.
- Includes several practical case studies throughout.
- Utilizes a unique approach in presenting the different topics of transportation engineering.
Traffic and Pavement Engineering will help academics and professionals alike to find practical solutions across the broad spectrum of traffic and pavement engineering issues.