Salt and the Art of Seasoning:
Author : James Strawbridge
Publisher: Chelsea Green Publishing Co
Number of pages: 288
A precious and ancient resource used for thousands of years around the world, salt is the essential ingredient that transforms all cooking, elevating flavours from good to great, and from great to unforgettable.
In his stunning new cookbook, chef and TV presenter James Strawbridge shares his passion for this artisan ingredient, from the distinctive tasting notes and profiles of different salts found around the world to useful techniques – such as brining, curing, charring and preserving – that bring out a world of hidden flavours.
Salt and the Art of Seasoning will show you how to choose the right type of salt for the right dish, how to add it at the perfect moment and how to judge the amount to use.
Inside, you’ll find:
- The Science of Taste
- A Salt Sommelier’s Guide
- What ‘season to taste’ actually means
- James’s ‘Salt Craft’ – from salt blocks to salt baking and smoking salt
With nearly 100 recipes, including:
- 8 essential flavoured salts from black garlic to red wine
- Salted Cornish sardines
- Cured egg carbonara
- Smoked salted butter
- Wild garlic focaccia
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Salt-baked Wild Bass
- Minted pea risotto with smoked sea salt Salt
- Chocolate Truffles with Gorse
- Sea G&T with Seaweed Salt and more!
Salt and the Art of Seasoning is destined to become a kitchen essential – just like the humble ingredient it champions.