Biology for the IB Diploma 3E
Author : C. J. Clegg
Publisher: Hodder Education
Number of pages: 864
Trust experienced and best-selling authors to navigate the new syllabuses confidently with these coursebooks that implement inquiry-based and conceptually-focused teaching and learning.
- Ensure a continuum approach to concept-based learning through active student inquiry; our authors are not only IB Diploma experienced teachers but are also experienced in teaching the IB MYP and have collaborated on our popular MYP by Concept series.
- Build the skills and techniques covered in the Tools (Experimental techniques, Technology and Mathematics) with direct links to the relevant parts of the syllabus; these skills also provide the foundation for practical work and internal assessment.
- Integrate Theory of Knowledge into your lessons with TOK boxes and Inquiries that provide real-world examples, case studies and questions. The TOK links are written by the author of our bestselling TOK coursebook, John Sprague and Paul Morris, our MYP by Concept series and Physics co-author.
- Develop approaches to learning with ATL skills identified and developed with a range of engaging activities with real-world applications.
- Explore ethical debates and how scientists work in the 21st century with Nature of Science boxes throughout.
- Help build international mindedness by exploring how the exchange of information and ideas across national boundaries has been essential to the progress of science and illustrates the international aspects of science.
- Consolidate skills and improve exam performance with short and simple knowledge-checking questions, exam-style questions, and hints to help avoid common mistakes.