What is War?
Autorius : Eduard Altarriba
Leidimo metai: 2023
Leidėjas: Button Books
Puslapių skaičius: 48
Leidinio kalba: Anglų
Formatas: Minkšti viršeliai
What is War? is a book designed to offer a simple answer to all the questions kids might ask when hearing about war and conflict.
Why do countries or different ideological groups fight? What are the key points between different types of conflict? Is there such a thing as a just war? What are the tools used to wage war, from weapons to propaganda? How can we end wars, and who are the real winners and losers?
This book tells the reader through clear explanations punctuated by historical and contemporary examples what war is and how it can be prevented. It is part of a series of books for children designed to provide them with all the information they need to understand the complex world we live in.
- From the award-winning illustrator of the bestselling My First Book of Quantum Physics
- Introduces children aged 8 and up to complex global social issues in a sensitive and balanced way
- Characterful illustrations appropriate for the readership and subject matter
- Easy-to-follow, bite-size text
- Includes a case study on the war in Ukraine